Dearest clock-watchers! If you hadn't noticed, it's almost the weekend. In the event that your excitement is currently tempered with social anxiety about which pop culture topics to discuss over happy hour beverages — a very sad and all-too-common affliction — here are a few gems from the music world that the Internet bestowed upon us this week.
-- The 5th annual Burger Boogaloo, one of the spunkiest (and most affordable!) festivals in the Bay Area's grand feast of summer festival offerings, announced its lineup yesterday, and it's a good one. What says "summer" more than the legendary Ronnie Spector crooning "Be My Baby" as hipsters play drunken kickball around you in Mosswood Park?
-- Oakland noir-pop rockers DRMS released this epically and mysteriously engaging 17-and-a-half-minute film set to some of the most experimental music we've heard from them yet. They're at the Rickshaw Stop tomorrow night [Sat/22], if you wanna get good and dreamy.
-- The city of Abderdeen, Wash., home of one Kurt Cobain, celebrated its first annual "Kurt Cobain Day" yesterday, Feb. 20, on what would have been the rocker's 47th birthday. With what, you ask? Why, a giant, weird, crying, Jesus-like Kurt Cobain statue, of course. Because that definitely seems like something he would have wanted.
Go forth, my friends. Stay hydrated.
Most Commented On
- If crime moves away that is almost as good as crime going away. - March 10, 2014
- Streetsblog views holding - March 10, 2014
- Less crime? - March 10, 2014
- Oh my gosh THANK YOU! You - March 10, 2014
- The "The Trees" by Rush - March 10, 2014
- Never had any need to. - March 10, 2014
- I saw the video and it is - March 10, 2014
- Beautiful voice and I am - March 10, 2014
- Let your loving mother feel very delighted on Mother’s Day - March 10, 2014
- nice post - March 10, 2014